Avevamo già accennato qualche giorno fa che Fitbit era interessata a Pebble e le trattative erano già a buon punto, ma nelle ultime ore ne arriva la conferma.
A dare la conferma dell’acquisizione di Pebble è la stessa società, con un comunicato sul proprio blog, dove vengono chiariti alcuni punti, ma la conferma arriva anche un comunicato stampa di Fitbit, che da quanto si legge non è minimamente interessata all’hardware dell’azienda, ma solo al software ed alle proprietà intellettuali, per migliorare i suoi prodotti e crearne di nuovi.
Ecco i punti che Pebble ha voluto chiarire sul suo blog:
- Pebble is no longer promoting, manufacturing, or selling any devices.
- Pebble devices will continue to work as normal. No immediate changes to the Pebble user experience will happen at this time.
- Pebble functionality or service quality may be reduced in the future.
- Kickstarter backers who have not received their rewards will receive a full refund by December 16, 2016 to their credit cards. No further action is needed. For more information, please visit our Support page.
- It may take up to ten business days for the refund to appear on a backer’s credit or debit card statement. In the event that the initial refund attempt is unsuccessful, steps will be taken to ensure all refunds are successfully processed. Once a refund is successfully processed, backers will receive an email from Kickstarter notifying them of the amount of the refund and the payment source refunded.
- Orders from pebble.com are no longer being accepted or fulfilled, including Pebble 2 pre-orders, which have not yet been charged or shipped.
- Warranty support is no longer available for Pebble watches. How-to information and troubleshooting can still be found on our Support page and in the Pebble Forum.
- Returns of pebble.com orders that were successfully completed before December 7, 2016 will be refunded by our Support Team.
- Pebble watches purchased at retail may be returned or exchanged based on the retailer’s return policy.
- Pebblers can still find replacement charging cables and other compatible accessories (bands, skins, etc.) from Amazon.com and third-party vendors like GadgetWraps and Clockwork Synergy.
- If you have any other questions about Pebble’s wind-down of operations, please visit this page.